The BLUE KNIGHTSŪ is a non-profit fraternal organization consisting of active and retired law enforcement men & women who enjoy riding motorcycles.
In the Spring of 1974, several law enforcement officers* from the Bangor, Maine (USA) area met and and formed a small, local motorcycle club. The rest, as they say, is history. Soon, Blue Knight chapters were being formed in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and beyond. With the addition of Canada, and later Australia, the Blue Knights became an international organization.
*Our Founding Fathers are: Joel Rudom, Bill Robinson, Doug Miner, Ed Gallant, Mike Hall, Chuck Gesner, Wayne Labree, Chuck Shuman
As of January 2005, we have 541 Chapters and 18,695 members from 24 countries.
According to the By-Laws, our purposes and goals are to:
1. Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
2. To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
3. To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
4. To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
5. To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
Many Blue Knights work long and hard to raise money for various charities. Especially near to our hearts is helping children. Make-a-Wish Foundation, Toys for Tots, D.A.R.E., and Concerns of Police Survivors are some examples of our favorites.
From September 1, 1991 to June 30, 2004 Blue Knights have donated to numerous charities; contributing time in the amount of 148,791.50 man hours, goods with an estimated value of $505,115.38 and $4,205,881.30 in cash (USD).
We're the good guys!
The Blue Knights is a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions. When travelling, local members can provide assistance, directions and sometimes a place to stay. We are truly a family.
Among the Blue Knight members,
"There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met."
Web Page By Lt. Rick Brown Lanett PD